I met today’s guest when I attended her workshop at La Maida Institute. She exudes such positive, peaceful energy and she taught about Ayurveda in a way that was totally fascinating and relatable! Anjali Deva is a NAMA-certified Ayurvedic practitioner and yoga teacher in Los Angeles. She is also the director of culture at La Maida Institute, where she helps plan workshops and events centered on holistic wellness and resilience. I had so much fun talking to Anjali about how she got into Ayurveda and how she helps herself and others find balance through this ancient practice.
Today we talk about:
- Her family lineage of Ayurvedic practice
- The health problems she experienced that lead her to Ayurveda
- Dropping out of college and enrolling in Ayurveda school
- How she got involved with La Maida Institute
- How La Maida Institute was born, and what it has been like working with this holistic group
- How Ayurveda has affected her health, her relationships, and her life in general
- Ayurveda as a way to bringing mindful awareness to your entire life
- How Ayurveda came to be
- The three different doshas (i.e. energies/compositions): Vata, Pitta, and Kapha
- Going in and out of different doshas and using Ayurvedic practices to regain balance
- How she personally maintains balance in a profession that requires a lot of emotional energy
- The importance of nature and sleep to mental health
- Her upcoming courses in mindful eating
If you are interested in learning more about Ayurveda, you can check Anjali’s website for upcoming events and courses at https://www.rootedrasa.com/. You can also check out La Maida institute at https://lamaida.org/. I hope you enjoy today’s episode! And don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review!