Today is a super special episode to me because I am interviewing one of my best friends, Annie Vovan. Annie was my first mama friend when I had my daughter and since that time we have been through so much together. Annie is one of the most inspiring women I know. She is a full-time mom raising two beautiful children, works as a photographer empowering women by showcasing mamas and girl bosses, she created @avenuemama: an Instagram platform to create a community for mothers, and she manages to be very active in giving back through charities. I seriously don’t know how she does it, and I worship the ground she walks on.
Today we talk about:
- Growing up the youngest of 7 children in an immigrant family
- Working as a pharmacist before fully throwing herself into photography
- Getting married in her late 30’s and being a mom of “advanced maternal age”
- Redefining her life and career in her late 30’s
- Her decision to leave pharmacy to pursue photography
- Why she focuses on mamas and girl bosses in her photos
- Where she got the idea for Avenue Mama
- Experiencing multiple traumatic losses in her life and how she has been able to push through
- The importance of self-care, and her personal self-care practices
You will be so inspired by this rockstar mama. Her perseverance in the face of adversity is so empowering. Let me know how you like the episode by leaving comments on the Embraced Podcast Facebook page or the Embraced Podcast Instagram account (@embracedpodcast).
Annie's website: http://www.annievovan.com/
Annie's Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/annievovan/
Avenue Mama Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/avenuemama/