Today's guest is my beautiful friend, Jessica Keenan-Wynn. Jessica comes from a long line of actors, and a few years back she took a huge leap of faith and moved to NYC to pursue her dream of acting on Broadway. Leaving her life here was really scary, but it was the best decision she ever made. Jessica ended up landing the lead role of Heather Chandler in Heathers: The Musical, and is now playing Cynthia Weil in Beautiful on Broadway. Recently, she stepped away from Beautiful for a few months to shoot Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again! (the upcoming sequel to the blockbuster film Mamma Mia!). This girl is seriously on FIRE.
Today we talk about:
- The end of a relationship that pushed her to finally move to New York to fully pursue a career in acting
- Facing the fear of your true potential
- How she coped with loneliness and isolation during her first few months in the dead of winter in NYC
- Going out for auditions, and finally landing the roles of her dreams
- Battling self-judgment and self-criticism after sustaining a vocal injury, and what she learned from the experience
- Her first experience working on a big movie
- How facing her fear of traveling alone has helped her grow psychologically and spiritually
Not only is Jessica a phenomenal actress and singer (I weeped uncontrollably the first time I saw her perform in a show called For The Record in Los Angeles), but she has the BIGGEST heart and is the funniest person I think I’ve ever met in my life. I can't wait for you to laugh, cry, and be inspired by this beautiful soul.
Jessica on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jkwynn/