"Holy shit!" is all that was going through my mind over and over as I was sweating (and shaking) my way through Aubre's class. I wanted to hate her, but Aubre was impossible to hate: she was supportive AND challenging, positive and bubbly WITH a side of sarcastic humor, and inspirational WHILE down-to-earth. Aubre, a fitness instructor and lifestyle blogger with a keen eye for fashion, has had a rollercoaster of a few years. She came to LA to be a dancer, left the dance world to pursue being a fitness instructor, decided to dip her toes in the world of fashion, and then realized her heart and soul needed to be teaching fitness and blogging full-time. Over the course of that period time she left an abusive relationship, got rid of toxic friendships in her life, gained true confidence in herself, and decided to help other women do the same.
Today we talked about:
- Growing up in Kansas
- The shock of going to college in a big city
- The abusive relationship that completely depleted her sense of self-worth and lead to depression
- Moving to LA and trying to make it in the dance world
- The comparison game and how it increased insecurities
- How she got involved in teaching fitness, and how leaving her job as a fitness instructor made her realize that it was her life passion
- The strict corporate job and the brutally honest conversation with a friend that pushed her to take a leap of faith and do fitness and blogging full time
- Meeting her boyfriend and learning what it was like to be truly loved, valued, and respected
- What it is about teaching fitness that gives her a "high" and brings her pure joy
Aubre's struggles are something that I think most women can relate to, and the way she has navigated life challenges is truly inspirational. I hope you enjoy the episode and if you're in the LA area, track Aubre down and get her to kick your ass like she did mine!
Aubre's website: http://www.aubrewinters.com/
Aubre's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/aubrewinters/