Casie Goshow (aka B-Girl 'Tynee') is an anomaly. At first glimpse she is a pretty, tiny (or I guess I should say Tynee), sweet-as-pie, bubbly girl. But I dare you to look her up on Youtube. Casie will full-on take your breath away with the power she dances with. She hits every move so hard and is fully committed at every moment. Not only is Casie a sweetheart and kick-ass hip-hop/breakdancer and choreographer, but she is also a dedicated teacher to her students both locally and nationwide, traveling frequently to teach at dance conventions. Oh, and I can't forget to add entrepreneur to her title. Casie owns her own clothing line, 'Goshow Yourself,' which she created in response to the bullying occurring around the country. Casie wanted a clothing line that would inspire people of all different backgrounds to have the courage and confidence to be themselves.
Today we talk about:
- Her background in gymnastics
- The injury that ended her career as a gymnast
- How she found break dancing
- Her experience as a Las Vegas Finalist on the FOX TV show “So You Think You Can Dance?"
- Her path to making a career of dance
- Meeting and falling in love with her, now, wife
- Coming out to her family
- How she is helping inspire young dancers with her clothing line, GoShow Yourself
This was SUCH a fun interview to do. Casie is so incredibly down to earth and authentic and her story is so inspiring. After you listen to this interview, go check her out on youtube. This girl can DANCE!!! I hope you enjoy the episode! Leave me comments on the Embraced Podcast Facebook page or through Instagram and let me know how you liked it!
GoShow Yourself website: https://www.goshowyourself.com/
Casie's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bgirltynee/