Antonella Zabaglio is a yoga instructor, performer, and mother of two. I came across a short documentary she did with CodyApp, where she tells her story about her journey from getting implants as a young mother, to getting them removed after years of feeling insecure and uncomfortable in her own body. I asked Antonella to tell her story on Embraced Podcast because it is so important for women to hear what can happen for some women when using plastic surgery as a way to seek external sources of validation to increase self-worth. On today's episode we talk about:
- Being a young mother in an unhealthy and unsupportive relationship
- Feeling insecure about her body after having her first child
- Being encouraged to get breast implants when she only wanted a breast lift, and not trusting her inner voice
- How she immediately felt different after the surgery; Increased feelings of insecurity after getting implants
- How she finally came to the realization that in order to feel authentically herself, she needed her implants removed
- Realizing something was wrong after her explant surgery; Not trusting her inner voice when she was reassured by her doctor that everything was 'fine'
- Finding her voice, speaking her truth, and finally getting the help she needed
- The multiple surgeries she underwent to correct the botched explant surgery, and how she learned to love her "imperfect" breasts
- Embracing and loving herself with all of her imperfections
Antonella is so vulnerable and brave in this interview and her story needs to be heard! I hope you enjoy the episode!
Antonella's Website: http://www.gravitylift.space/
Antonella's Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/gravitylift/