Meera Lee Patel is an author and self-taught artist whose books focus on different themes of self-exploration, such as creativity, mindfulness, self-motivation and and fear. Her work has been praised by Oprah.com, Teen Vogue, and FLOW Magazine. I found her book Start Where You Are about a year ago and fell in love with her words and beautiful illustrations. This incredible journal/book was full of beautiful artwork and thought-provoking prompts to help the reader work through roadblocks to personal growth and success. Her latest book My Friend Fear addresses how having big fear is an opportunity to make big changes and to discover our true potential.
On today’s episode we talk about:
- How she got into artwork and writing
- Transitioning from artwork/writing as her side-hustle to her full-time job
- Emotionally adjusting to leaving her steady, full-time job
- Writing her first book Start Where You Are
- Her decision to face her fear of traveling alone
- Writing her second book, My Friend Fear
- The origin of fear
- Our reaction to fear and how we can let it conquer us or we can work with it as a compass guiding us toward what is truly important
- Her personal fears and how she is constantly working through them
- The new book she is writing and how the approaches the creative process
If you struggle with fear and anxiety this is definitely the episode for you! Meera is so authentic in discussion of and approach to anxiety/fear. I can’t wait for you to be inspired by this incredible woman. Enjoy!
Meera's Website: https://www.meeralee.com/
Meera's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/merelymeeralee/
My Friend Fear on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/My-Friend-Fear-Finding-Magic/dp/0143131575